For any organization, employees are the main resources. Apart from utilizing their abilities, organizations also have a responsibility to take care of their well-being. This includes looking after their health and safety while they are at work. They need to have strategies to deal with the danger in the workplace. And, the legal process also needs to be taken care of.
SAP EHS is software that comes to the help here. It assists organizations to identify and moderate organizational risks. So SAP EHS tools help to manage occupational/ product safety measures and corporate responsibility.
SAP EHS is software that was created to effectively and efficiently deal with occupational health, industrial hygiene, and the overall safety of workers, products, and the organization. It empowers the integration of safety and health measures in the organization's existing business processes. SAP EHS allows organizations to be legally compliant, reduce costs, and minimize risks simultaneously. It provides an overall solution for the organizations for management of the environment, health, and safety.
1. Hazardous substance management: Includes all of the activities that need to be carried out in order to work safely and track Hazardous substances.
2. Dangerous goods management Involves the processes that should be carried out in order to efficiently, effectively, and safely manage the storage management, transportation, and delivery of dangerous goods.
3. Product safety management: Includes adequately and safely dealing with the manufacturing and procurement of hazardous products
4. Waste management: Includes the creation of a central process, wherein all of the exercises that you need to engage in order to effectively and safely manage the waste disposal process are carried out.
5. Occupational health management: Includes periodically analyzing, tracking, and conducting health observation checks in the organization in order to determine patterns and trends in the overall health of the organization and to take the necessary actions to fix and address those health concerns.
6. Industrial hygiene and safety: Includes focusing on the hygiene and safety of your organization and effectively and efficiently managing hazards.
7. Basic data and reporting: Includes all of the functions that organizations need in order to deal with the other EHS functions easily. This includes the creation of a single central point for all EHS Tasks.
This deals with the processes related to industrial hygiene and occupational health. Suppose a worker handles a dangerous substance, He/she has to maintain certain guidelines. This is necessary to maintain the well-being of the worker and the workplace. SAP EHS makes dealing with these processes simpler.
Moreover, risk management and asset management processes are incorporated through this feature. The software can place risk data into work orders for workers. It additionally proposes safety measures.
This functionality assists an organization to maintain records of materials and products. It also helps in keeping compliance regulations for industries. This guarantees that the production materials and final products are safe.
The feature empowers to establishes compliance workflows. Authorities can assign guidelines and legal necessities to business operations.
This functionality helps organizations to meet their legal, safety, and sustainability responsibilities. This is also deal with maintaining the supply chain of products. As well as Regulations for product storage, packaging, and transportation are also maintained.
The different environmental laws and regulations are maintained by this functionality. organizations can track air and water emissions records to ensure environmental safety. All the environment-related activities and tasks can be tracked using this feature of SAP EHS.
SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprise – Overview
SAP solutions provide global standardization and local flexibility for holistic management of EHS while leveraging native business processes and data integration for people, assets, chemicals, and materials.